Several Windows 10 users have reported encountering error code 0x80004003 when installing apps from Microsoft Store or running the Windows Store App. In most cases, this error is followed by a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
We’ve put up this article to help you learn why you see “Something Unexpected Happened, Code: 0x80004003” and how to solve it.
What is Error Code: 0x80004003?
The Windows error code 0x80004003 is common in Windows 10. It normally occurs when users try to install apps from Microsoft Store or during the process of running the Microsoft Store App. It often indicates an issue, such as malfunction on your PC.
Usually, the message that accompanies error code 0x80004003 will read as follows:
“Something unexpected happened, code: 0x80004003.”
However, the message can also read differently, as below:
“Page could not be loaded. Please try again later. Code: 0x80004003”
Sometimes it may let you continue working on your PC, but without access or installing an application from the Microsoft Store app.
How can you Fix Error Code: 0x80004003?
You can use several ways to fix error codes and make your PC run on its optimal functioning condition again. Here, we’ve highlighted some of the methods:
- Check if your network connection is stable to support the download and installation of an application from the Microsoft Store App.
- Restart your PC normally and properly, then try again to install the application from the Microsoft Store app.
- Scan your PC with a quality antimalware to remove any virus or malware that may be causing the error.
- If scanning doesn’t work, temporarily disable any third-party antivirus program you have on your PC.
- Run the Windows Store app troubleshooter.
- Update your Windows Operating System.
You can also read a detailed guideline on the solutions to fix error code: 0x80004003 on this Outbyte.com blog post:
Symptoms of Error Code: 0x80004003
Apart from the BSOD, when you get the notification that “Something unexpected happened, code: 0x80004003,” your computer may begin to behave abnormally, with the following symptoms:
- Slowing down of PC performance
- Programs may begin to take time to laid or load abnormally
- Abrupt shutting down of your System
- Some applications may be unable to run successfully
That’s not all. Your computer may freeze and stop functioning.
What Causes Error Code: 0x80004003?
In most cases, error code: 0x80004003 has no specific cause. It usually occurs because of a system malfunction. The secret is to identify the reason for the system malfunction causing error code: 0x80004003.
Some users may also face not only error 0x80004003 but the error 0xc0000142.
Some causes of a system malfunction in a computer may include:
- Unstable internet connection
- Malware or virus infection of the computer
- Incorrect or failed software uninstallation or installation, which may have left corrupted or invalid registry entries on the computer
- System misconfiguration
- Improper Windows system shutdown, for instance, because of a power failure
Note: In most cases, users report the immediate cause of error code 0x80004003 to be the failure to install an application from the Microsoft Store app.
If you’ve encountered error code 0x80004003 on your system, use the solutions we’ve provided in this post to solve them. For more details, visit the suggested blog post. We recommend caution and taking care of your PC, including keeping your PC updated to avoid encountering such errors.
Read more about Windows Update process: