Windows 10 has many capabilities, and one of them is the Phone App (or Your Phone).
Your Phone is a builtin App in Windows that allows you to connect your PC with your phone and Sync calls, Photos, and Messages. Have you encountered YourPhone.exe in Windows 10?
If you check your Task Manager, you’ll notice a program named YourPhone.exe running in the background. This program may scare you if you don’t know or haven’t heard about it. What is it? Is it a safe program?
Read on for more information.
YourPhone.exe Process Information
You can see YourPhone.exe process running in the background when you open the Task Manager. It is the executable application that executes the Phone App in Windows 10. It is a legitimate program developed and distributed by Microsoft Corporation, it indicates that your phone program is operational in the background.
Some Windows users unfamiliar with the YourPhone.exe process often get concerned about why it is running in the background and consuming PC resources. If you connect your phone and PC, you’ll need the phone app to run all the time so that you get your Phone’s notifications on your PC. YourPhone.exe is responsible for the continued operation of the Phone app (or Your Phone).
Here’s the file information of the YourPhone.exe process:
- Developer (Manufacturer): Microsoft Corporation
- Programs: Phone app/Microsoft Your Phone/Your Phone/Logitech G HUB
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Executable file/process: YourPhone.exe
- Folder location: subfolder of C:\Program Files, (e.g. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.19071.901.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe)
- Known file size: 21KB
- Download link: www.microsoft.com
- Installer file size: 86.68MB
Note: The YourPhone.exe application is digitally signed by Microsoft and has no file information.
Is YourPhone.exe Windows 10 a Safe Program?
In case you’re wondering – like many other users – YourPhone.exe is not malware or a virus.
It is a legitimate and genuine file from Microsoft. It is the Windows process that enables you to link and sync your phone with your PC’s OS.
However, YourPhone.exe is an executable file with a .exe extension name. Executables with this kind of extension are vulnerable to malware hijacking.
So, it is also possible that the YourPhone.exe process in your PC is malicious software disguised as an essential Windows process to evade detection.
Additionally, some users have even encountered two YourPhone.exe processes running in the background, which is a common malware behavior. This can make it challenging to differentiate the legitimate process from the malware.
If you encounter such a scenario, you need to scrutinize the YourPhone.exe file in your PC to establish if it is a virus or not. To do this:
- Check the file location: In your PC’s Task Manager, right-click on the YourPhone.exe process, and choose ‘Open file location’. If the file isn’t located in the subfolder of C:\Program Files, it can be malware.
- Check the file size: The known file size of YourPhone.exe file is 21KB, as mentioned above. If the file size exceeds this by far, especially running into Gbs, it can be malicious software.
- Check the signature: Microsoft Corporation digitally signs YouPhone.exe application, otherwise it’s malware.
Many users are suspicious not only about YourPhone.exe file but also about such programs like Lockapp.exe or api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll. Don’t stress, they are legitimate Microsoft files and can be used without any harm for your PC.
Should I Remove YourPhone.exe?
YourPhone.exe is not an essential Windows system file. If you encounter any PC problems that you believe are caused by YourPhone.exe, you can uninstall or remove it from your computer. Check out this this blog post to guide you if you decided to remove or uninstall Your Phone from your computer.
We believe this information has helped you understand what YourPhone.exe is. If you have one installed on your PC and it is causing problems, follow this guide to remove it and keep your PC clean.